Savor the Flavors of Pennsylvania: Discovering the Top Ethnic Restaurants in the Keystone State
Pennsylvania is a melting pot of cultures, and its cuisine reflects this diversity. From traditional Amish dishes to Italian classics, the Keystone State has something to offer every foodie. If you’re looking for the best ethnic restaurants in Pennsylvania, look no further. We’ve compiled a list of the top ethnic cuisine destinations in the state, so you can savor the flavors of Pennsylvania.
Authentic Ethnic Food Near Me
Before we dive into the top ethnic restaurants in Pennsylvania, let’s talk about how to find authentic ethnic food near you. One of the best ways to discover local ethnic dining is to ask locals. Whether you’re in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, there’s always someone who knows the best place to get a bowl of pho or a plate of pierogies. You can also use online resources like Yelp or TripAdvisor to find highly-rated ethnic restaurants in your area.
Ethnic Cuisine in PA
Pennsylvania is home to a wide variety of ethnic cuisines, from German and Polish to Mexican and Vietnamese. Here are some of the top ethnic restaurants in Pennsylvania that you won’t want to miss.
German: If you’re looking for authentic German cuisine, head to the Hofbräuhaus Pittsburgh. This restaurant serves up traditional Bavarian dishes like schnitzel, bratwurst, and sauerkraut, along with a selection of German beers.
Polish: For some of the best pierogies in Pennsylvania, check out Jozwiak’s in Erie. This family-owned restaurant has been serving up Polish classics like kielbasa and golabki for over 50 years.
Italian: If you’re in the mood for Italian food, head to La Tavola in Philadelphia. This cozy restaurant serves up classic Italian dishes like spaghetti carbonara and chicken parmesan, along with a selection of Italian wines.
Mexican: For authentic Mexican cuisine, check out Taqueria Morales in Lancaster. This family-owned restaurant serves up delicious tacos, burritos, and enchiladas, along with homemade salsas and guacamole.
Vietnamese: If you’re in Pittsburgh, don’t miss out on Tram’s Kitchen. This restaurant serves up some of the best pho in the city, along with other Vietnamese classics like banh mi and spring rolls.
Top Ethnic Restaurants in PA
Now that you know some of the best ethnic cuisine destinations in Pennsylvania, let’s take a closer look at the top ethnic restaurants in the state.
1. Zahav (Philadelphia) – This award-winning restaurant serves up modern Israeli cuisine, with dishes like hummus, falafel, and lamb shawarma. The restaurant also has an extensive wine list, with a focus on Israeli wines.
2. Sate Kampar (Philadelphia) – This Malaysian restaurant serves up traditional dishes like nasi lemak and satay, along with a selection of Malaysian beers and cocktails.
3. Saigon Noodle Bar (Pittsburgh) – This Vietnamese restaurant is known for its delicious pho, along with other Vietnamese classics like banh mi and spring rolls.
4. The Franklinville Inn (Franklinville) – This restaurant serves up classic American dishes like prime rib and crab cakes, along with a selection of German and Italian dishes.
5. The Amish Door Restaurant (Wilmot) – This restaurant serves up traditional Amish dishes like chicken pot pie and apple butter, along with a selection of homemade pies and other desserts.
Local Ethnic Dining
One of the best things about ethnic cuisine is that it often reflects the local culture and history. Whether you’re in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, there are plenty of local ethnic dining options to explore. From Pennsylvania Dutch dishes to Italian classics, you’re sure to find something that satisfies your taste buds.
Ethnic Foodie Destinations
If you’re a foodie looking for the best ethnic cuisine destinations in Pennsylvania, you won’t be disappointed. From traditional German and Polish dishes to modern Israeli and Malaysian cuisine, there’s something for everyone in the Keystone State. So why not plan a foodie road trip and discover the best ethnic restaurants in Pennsylvania?