Florida is a melting pot of cultures, and its culinary scene reflects this diversity. From Cuban sandwiches to Haitian griot, Floridian cuisine is a fusion of flavors from around the world. If you’re looking to indulge in a multicultural dining experience, here are some of the top ethnic restaurants in Florida that you should check out.
Ethnic Restaurants in Miami
- Versailles Restaurant – This iconic Cuban restaurant has been serving up authentic dishes since 1971. From the classic Cubano sandwich to the flavorful ropa vieja, Versailles is a must-visit for anyone looking to experience the flavors of Cuba.
- La Camaronera – This family-owned seafood spot has been a Miami institution since 1976. Their famous pan con minuta sandwich, made with crispy fried fish and tartar sauce, is a local favorite.
- El Mago de las Fritas – If you’re in the mood for a burger with a Cuban twist, head to El Mago de las Fritas. Their frita, a Cuban-style burger made with spicy chorizo and crispy shoestring potatoes, is a must-try.
Ethnic Restaurants in Orlando
- Nile Ethiopian Restaurant – For a taste of Ethiopia in Orlando, head to Nile Ethiopian Restaurant. Their injera, a spongy sourdough flatbread, is the perfect accompaniment to their flavorful stews and curries.
- Pho 88 Vietnamese Restaurant – If you’re in the mood for pho, look no further than Pho 88. Their rich and savory broth is the perfect base for their tender beef and chewy rice noodles.
- Black Bean Deli – This Cuban deli in Orlando serves up some of the best sandwiches in town. Their medianoche, a sweet and savory sandwich made with roast pork and ham, is a must-try.
Ethnic Restaurants in Tampa
- Columbia Restaurant – This historic Spanish restaurant has been serving up traditional dishes since 1905. From the paella to the sangria, Columbia is a Tampa institution.
- La Teresita Restaurant – For authentic Cuban food in Tampa, head to La Teresita. Their ropa vieja and lechon asado are some of the best in town.
- Thai Thani – If you’re in the mood for Thai food, Thai Thani is the place to go. Their pad thai and green curry are both delicious and authentic.
Ethnic Restaurants in Jacksonville
- Indochine – This Vietnamese restaurant in Jacksonville serves up some of the best pho in town. Their crispy spring rolls and banh mi sandwiches are also worth trying.
- Caribbean Sunrise Bakery & Restaurant – For a taste of the Caribbean in Jacksonville, head to Caribbean Sunrise. Their jerk chicken and oxtail stew are both flavorful and satisfying.
- El Mofongo – This Puerto Rican restaurant in Jacksonville serves up some of the best mofongo in town. Their crispy plantain fritters are the perfect accompaniment to their savory stews and meats.
Whether you’re in Miami, Orlando, Tampa, or Jacksonville, there are plenty of ethnic restaurants to choose from. From Cuban sandwiches to Ethiopian stews, these restaurants offer a taste of the world right here in Florida. So why not indulge in a flavorful journey and discover the top ethnic restaurants in Florida for a multicultural dining experience?