As the popularity of veganism continues to rise, more and more restaurants are offering plant-based dining options. This trend is not lost on the beautiful Canadian provinces of Newfoundland and Labrador. Whether you’re a long-time vegan, considering a plant-based diet, or simply enjoy healthy eating, you’ll be delighted by the vegan-friendly options available in these provinces. In this guide, we’ll explore some of the best vegan restaurants in Newfoundland and Labrador.
St. John’s: The Heart of Vegan Cuisine in Newfoundland
St. John’s, the capital city of Newfoundland, is a hotspot for vegan cuisine. Here are some of the top vegan restaurants in the city:
- The Sprout: Known for its organic and locally sourced ingredients, The Sprout offers a variety of vegan-friendly options. From hearty salads to delicious wraps, there’s something for everyone.
- Peaceful Loft: This vegan restaurant serves up a variety of Asian-inspired dishes. The menu is entirely plant-based, making it a great choice for vegans and vegetarians alike.
- Green Kitchen: Offering a wide range of vegan and gluten-free options, Green Kitchen is a must-visit for anyone interested in healthy eating. Their menu features everything from smoothie bowls to vegan pizzas.
Exploring Vegan Restaurants in Other Parts of Newfoundland
While St. John’s may be the epicenter of vegan cuisine in Newfoundland, there are plenty of other places in the province where you can enjoy plant-based dining. Here are a few recommendations:
- Healthy Haven: Located in Corner Brook, Healthy Haven offers a variety of vegan and vegetarian dishes. Their menu changes daily, ensuring there’s always something new to try.
- Twisted Sisters: This popular spot in Bonavista is known for its vegan-friendly options. From plant-based burgers to vegan desserts, you won’t be disappointed.
Vegan Dining in Labrador
While Labrador may not have as many vegan restaurants as Newfoundland, there are still some great places to enjoy plant-based dining. Here are a couple of options:
- Trapper’s Cabin Bar & Grill: Located in Goose Bay, Trapper’s Cabin offers a variety of vegan-friendly options. Their menu includes a range of salads, wraps, and burgers.
- Labrador Tea Room: This charming tea room in L’Anse-au-Clair offers a variety of vegan-friendly dishes. Their menu changes seasonally, so there’s always something new to try.
In conclusion, Newfoundland and Labrador offer a variety of vegan restaurants for those interested in plant-based dining. Whether you’re a local or a tourist, these restaurants offer a chance to enjoy delicious and healthy eating. So why not explore the vegan cuisine of Newfoundland and Labrador? You might just discover your new favorite dish!