Discover the Best Ethnic Eateries in Wyoming: A Guide to Top Restaurants Serving Authentic World Cuisine
Wyoming may not be the first place that comes to mind when you think of ethnic cuisine, but the state has a surprisingly diverse food scene. From Mexican to Thai, Indian to Ethiopian, there are plenty of options for those looking to explore the world through their taste buds. In this guide, we’ll take a look at some of the best ethnic restaurants in Wyoming, where you can find delicious and authentic world cuisine.
When it comes to Mexican cuisine, Wyoming has some excellent options. Here are a few of the top restaurants serving up delicious Mexican fare:
- Taqueria Guadalajara – Located in Cheyenne, Taqueria Guadalajara is a family-owned restaurant that serves up some of the best tacos, burritos, and enchiladas in the state. The portions are generous, and the prices are reasonable, making it a great spot for a casual meal.
- El Jarrito – With locations in both Casper and Gillette, El Jarrito is a popular spot for authentic Mexican cuisine. The menu features all the classics, from fajitas to chile rellenos, and the margaritas are not to be missed.
- La Cocina – Located in Jackson, La Cocina is a cozy spot that serves up delicious Mexican fare with a modern twist. The menu features dishes like duck confit tacos and grilled octopus, as well as classic favorites like carne asada and chile verde.
If you’re in the mood for some spicy and flavorful Thai cuisine, Wyoming has a few great options:
- Thai Me Up – Located in Jackson, Thai Me Up is a popular spot for both locals and tourists. The menu features a variety of Thai dishes, as well as a selection of craft beers brewed on-site. Be sure to try the Pad Thai and the Drunken Noodles.
- Thai Kitchen – Located in Laramie, Thai Kitchen is a small and unassuming restaurant that serves up some of the best Thai food in the state. The menu features all the classics, from green curry to tom yum soup, and the prices are very reasonable.
For those craving some rich and flavorful Indian cuisine, Wyoming has a few great options:
- India Oven – Located in Casper, India Oven is a family-owned restaurant that serves up delicious and authentic Indian fare. The menu features a variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes, as well as a selection of naan breads and biryanis.
- Tandoori Oven – Located in Laramie, Tandoori Oven is a cozy spot that serves up some of the best Indian food in the state. The menu features a variety of tandoori dishes, as well as curries, biryanis, and naan breads.
For those looking to try something a little different, Ethiopian cuisine is a must-try. Here’s where you can find it in Wyoming:
- Queen of Sheba – Located in Cheyenne, Queen of Sheba is the only Ethiopian restaurant in the state. The menu features a variety of traditional Ethiopian dishes, such as injera bread, doro wat, and kitfo. The restaurant also offers a vegetarian platter for those who don’t eat meat.
Of course, no guide to Wyoming cuisine would be complete without mentioning some of the state’s local specialties. Here are a few must-try dishes:
- Bison Burger – Bison is a staple of Wyoming cuisine, and you can find it on the menu at many restaurants throughout the state. For a truly delicious bison burger, head to The Bird in Jackson.
- Trout – Wyoming is home to some of the best trout fishing in the country, and you can find fresh trout on the menu at many restaurants throughout the state. For a truly memorable trout dish, head to Glorietta Trattoria in Jackson.
Finally, if you’re looking for a truly special dining experience in Wyoming, there are a few fine dining restaurants that are worth checking out:
- The Kitchen – Located in Jackson, The Kitchen is a farm-to-table restaurant that serves up delicious and innovative cuisine. The menu changes frequently to reflect the seasons, but you can always expect fresh and flavorful dishes.
- Rendezvous Bistro – Also located in Jackson, Rendezvous Bistro is a French-inspired restaurant that serves up some of the best food in the state. The menu features classic French dishes like escargot and coq au vin, as well as more modern creations like the bison short rib.
In conclusion, Wyoming may not be known for its ethnic cuisine, but there are plenty of great restaurants serving up delicious and authentic world cuisine. Whether you’re in the mood for Mexican, Thai, Indian, or Ethiopian food, or you want to try some of the state’s local specialties, there’s something for everyone in Wyoming’s food scene. So next time you’re in the state, be sure to check out some of these top restaurants for a truly memorable dining experience.