When it comes to the best diner restaurants in Newfoundland and Labrador, there’s no shortage of options. From traditional Newfoundland diners serving up hearty local fare to Labrador diners offering a unique twist on classic dishes, these eateries are a must-visit for any food lover. Here are some of the top diner restaurants in Newfoundland and Labrador that you should definitely check out.
The Best Diner Restaurants in Newfoundland
Newfoundland is known for its rich culinary heritage, and its diners are no exception. Here are some of the best places to eat in Newfoundland:
- Ches’s Fish and Chips: This iconic Newfoundland diner has been serving up delicious fish and chips since 1951. With its friendly service and mouthwatering food, it’s no wonder Ches’s Fish and Chips is a local favorite.
- Leo’s Fish and Chips: Another top contender in the fish and chips game, Leo’s offers a unique twist on this classic dish. Their secret batter recipe has been passed down through generations, making this a must-visit diner in Newfoundland.
- The Big R Restaurant: Known for its hearty breakfasts and delicious comfort food, The Big R Restaurant is a staple in the Newfoundland dining scene. Don’t miss their famous toutons – a traditional Newfoundland dish made from fried bread dough.
The Best Diner Restaurants in Labrador
Labrador may be known for its stunning natural beauty, but its diner restaurants are equally impressive. Here are some of the best places to eat in Labrador:
- Mike’s Restaurant: This family-owned diner in Happy Valley-Goose Bay is known for its delicious homemade pies and friendly service. Whether you’re in the mood for a hearty breakfast or a satisfying dinner, Mike’s Restaurant has you covered.
- Labrador City’s Carol’s Cafe: This cozy diner offers a wide range of dishes, from traditional Newfoundland fare to international cuisine. With its warm atmosphere and delicious food, Carol’s Cafe is a must-visit diner in Labrador.
- The Trapper’s Cabin: Located in Churchill Falls, The Trapper’s Cabin offers a unique dining experience. With its rustic decor and menu featuring local game, this diner is a true taste of Labrador.
Whether you’re a local or a visitor, these top diner restaurants in Newfoundland and Labrador offer a dining experience like no other. From traditional Newfoundland and Labrador dishes to unique culinary creations, these eateries are a testament to the region’s rich culinary heritage. So next time you’re in Newfoundland and Labrador, make sure to check out these must-visit diners – your taste buds will thank you!