Delaware is a small state, but it has a big foodie scene. From fresh seafood to farm-to-table cuisine, Delaware has something for everyone. While there are plenty of well-known restaurants in the state, there are also hidden gem restaurants that are worth discovering. In this article, we’ll explore some of Delaware’s best-kept secrets: top hidden gem restaurants you need to try now!
What are Hidden Gem Restaurants?
Hidden gem restaurants are those that are not well-known but offer exceptional food and service. These restaurants are often off the beaten path, tucked away in a quiet corner of town or hidden in a strip mall. They may not have a big advertising budget or a flashy website, but they have something special that keeps customers coming back.
Delaware cuisine is a blend of Mid-Atlantic and Southern influences. Seafood is a big part of the state’s culinary scene, with fresh crab, oysters, and clams being popular menu items. Delaware is also known for its farm-to-table cuisine, with many restaurants sourcing their ingredients from local farms and producers.
Best Restaurants in Delaware
While there are many great restaurants in Delaware, here are some of the best:
- La Fia – Located in Wilmington, La Fia is a French-inspired bistro that offers a seasonal menu featuring locally sourced ingredients. The restaurant has a cozy atmosphere and an extensive wine list.
- Bluecoast Seafood Grill – With locations in Bethany Beach and Rehoboth Beach, Bluecoast Seafood Grill is a must-visit for seafood lovers. The restaurant offers a variety of fresh seafood dishes, including crab cakes, lobster rolls, and oysters.
- Domaine Hudson – Another Wilmington favorite, Domaine Hudson is a wine bar and restaurant that offers a seasonal menu featuring locally sourced ingredients. The restaurant has an extensive wine list and a cozy atmosphere.
- Touch of Italy – With locations in Lewes, Rehoboth Beach, and Wilmington, Touch of Italy is a family-owned Italian restaurant that offers authentic Italian cuisine. The restaurant is known for its homemade pasta and wood-fired pizzas.
- Green Turtle – With locations throughout Delaware, the Green Turtle is a casual restaurant that offers a variety of American fare, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads. The restaurant has a fun atmosphere and is a great spot for families.
Local Dining Scene
Delaware’s local dining scene is thriving, with new restaurants opening all the time. Many of these restaurants are small, independently owned establishments that offer unique and creative menus. The local dining scene is also known for its focus on sustainability and locally sourced ingredients.
Delaware Foodie Scene
Delaware’s foodie scene is growing, with more and more people discovering the state’s hidden gem restaurants. Foodies are drawn to Delaware’s diverse culinary scene, which offers everything from fresh seafood to farm-to-table cuisine. The state’s foodie scene is also known for its focus on sustainability and locally sourced ingredients.
Delaware may be a small state, but it has a big foodie scene. From fresh seafood to farm-to-table cuisine, Delaware has something for everyone. While there are plenty of well-known restaurants in the state, there are also hidden gem restaurants that are worth discovering. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, be sure to check out some of Delaware’s best-kept secrets: top hidden gem restaurants you need to try now!