Brunch is the perfect meal for those who love to sleep in on weekends and enjoy a leisurely meal that combines the best of breakfast and lunch. New Hampshire is home to some of the best brunch places in the country, offering a wide range of delicious cuisine and unforgettable ambiance. Whether you’re looking for a cozy spot to enjoy a cup of coffee and a pastry or a more elaborate brunch menu, New Hampshire has something for everyone.
Best Brunch Places in New Hampshire
If you’re looking for the top brunch restaurants in New Hampshire, here are some of the best brunch spots near me:
- The Friendly Toast – Located in Portsmouth, The Friendly Toast is a popular brunch spot that offers a wide range of breakfast and brunch dishes, including pancakes, waffles, omelets, and more. The restaurant has a fun and quirky atmosphere, with colorful decor and a friendly staff.
- The Birch on Elm – This Manchester restaurant is known for its creative brunch menu, which includes dishes like smoked salmon benedict, breakfast tacos, and chicken and waffles. The Birch on Elm also offers a variety of craft cocktails and local beers to accompany your meal.
- The Old Salt – Located in Hampton, The Old Salt is a classic New England restaurant that serves up traditional brunch dishes like eggs benedict, French toast, and corned beef hash. The restaurant has a cozy and welcoming atmosphere, with a fireplace and comfortable seating.
Brunch Menu Ideas
If you’re planning to host a brunch at home, here are some brunch menu ideas to inspire you:
- Egg dishes – scrambled eggs, omelets, frittatas
- Baked goods – muffins, scones, croissants
- Pancakes and waffles – with a variety of toppings like fruit, whipped cream, and syrup
- Breakfast meats – bacon, sausage, ham
- Fruit salad – a refreshing and healthy addition to any brunch menu
- Cocktails – mimosas, bloody marys, bellinis
If you’re looking for some brunch recipes to try at home, here are a few ideas:
- Avocado toast – Toast a slice of bread and top it with mashed avocado, salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Baked eggs – Crack an egg into a ramekin and bake in the oven until the whites are set and the yolk is still runny. Serve with toast.
- Blueberry pancakes – Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, milk, eggs, and blueberries. Cook on a griddle until golden brown.
- Breakfast burrito – Scramble eggs with cheese and your choice of breakfast meat. Wrap in a tortilla and serve with salsa and sour cream.
- Fruit smoothie – Blend together your favorite fruits with yogurt and ice for a refreshing and healthy brunch drink.
Best Brunch Food
When it comes to the best brunch food, there are a few dishes that are always popular:
- Eggs benedict – A classic brunch dish that consists of poached eggs, Canadian bacon, and hollandaise sauce on an English muffin.
- French toast – Thick slices of bread dipped in egg and milk and cooked until golden brown. Serve with syrup and butter.
- Quiche – A savory pie filled with eggs, cheese, and vegetables or meat.
- Bagels and lox – A New York-style brunch dish that consists of a bagel, cream cheese, smoked salmon, and capers.
- Breakfast sandwich – A sandwich made with eggs, cheese, and your choice of breakfast meat on a bagel or English muffin.
Brunch Places Nearby
If you’re looking for brunch places nearby, here are a few options:
- The Red Arrow Diner – With locations in Manchester, Milford, and Concord, The Red Arrow Diner is a classic New Hampshire diner that serves up breakfast and brunch all day long.
- The Tuckaway Tavern and Butchery – Located in Raymond, The Tuckaway Tavern and Butchery is a popular brunch spot that offers a variety of dishes, including steak and eggs, lobster benedict, and breakfast poutine.
- The Purple Finch Cafe – This Bedford cafe is known for its delicious brunch menu, which includes dishes like stuffed French toast, breakfast burritos, and quiche.
Weekend Brunch Spots
If you’re looking for a weekend brunch spot, here are a few options:
- The Common Man – With locations throughout New Hampshire, The Common Man is a popular weekend brunch spot that offers a variety of dishes, including pancakes, omelets, and breakfast sandwiches.
- The Foundry – Located in Manchester, The Foundry is a trendy brunch spot that offers a variety of dishes, including avocado toast, breakfast tacos, and chicken and waffles.
- The River House – Located in Portsmouth, The River House is a waterfront restaurant that offers a brunch buffet on weekends, featuring a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes.
Whether you’re looking for a cozy spot to enjoy a cup of coffee and a pastry or a more elaborate brunch menu, New Hampshire has something for everyone. From classic diners to trendy cafes, there are plenty of brunch places nearby to choose from. So why not indulge in some delicious cuisine and unforgettable ambiance this weekend?