Breakfast of Champions
via Nicolette and Katie Tuffan
On mornings where we feel that we could literally eat the entire refrigerator, we like to make a filling breakfast (especially after the Thanksgiving leftovers diet). But no worries, it’s very quick and easy to make and the most important thing about it, is that it’s also really healthy. Lets get started!
Shredded mozzarella cheese,
1 pack of bacon
Salt and Pepper
1 pack of blackberries
Honey Dew Melon
- If you’re anything like us, you need to have coffee every morning. So first thing’s first, go ahead and brew that amazing blend because you know you can’t survive your morning without it.
- Next, grab a bowl and whisk 1-2 eggs, or as many as you’d like to eat in an omelet. That’s what we’re aiming for.
- Grab two pans, a large one and a small one. Heat the larger one and cook your bacon on medium-high heat. While the bacon is cooking, heat your smaller pan with a little oil on medium-low heat. Pour in the whisked eggs on the small pan and gently rotate the pan from the handle with a firm grip. That’s pretty much our secret to a perfect flat omelet. Lower the heat to a low burner and add a pinch of slat, pepper, and sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on one half of the circle.
- Let the cheese melt. With a spatula, flip the half that doesn’t have cheese on it to fold the omelet into a semicircle.
- Check your bacon, and put the slices of bread to toast. Quickly, grab your fruit, rinse the blackberries and cut your banana into thin slices. Chop up some honey dew melon too.
- Plate your fruit into a bowl, butter the toasts once they pop from the toaster, and give your bacon one last check. It should be done at this point.
- Place your omelet, bacon, and toast on a plate. With your bowl of fruit next to your main dish. Don’t forget about the coffee, which now would be a great time to serve that brew into your favorite mug, or your travel cup of choice in case you want to take that on the go.
- Lastly, use the whip cream for a topping for your fruit, and your coffee if you’d like. We do this to make our mornings a bit sweeter and more tasty. Everything’s better with whipped cream.